Divorce Financial Consultants, LLC is one of the few firms in Arizona that focuses exclusively on Divorce Finance. We provide quality financial advice to clients including forecasting the long term effects of a divorce settlement. We have a particular affinity for complex cases such as those involving businesses, executive compensation, the self employed, and high net worth individuals. We work directly with divorcing individuals, or as a support to divorce attorneys, mediators, and as financial neutrals in collaborative divorce cases.
Jump straight to our List of Services.
To help you through a divorce by providing financial advice that will empower you to make important decisions for the future.
Reduce remorse, limit anxiety and preserve your resources.
The Divorce Process
It has been shown that a person going through divorce has so much stress that their retention of information is about 30%. It is important to have people on your team that will ensure nothing falls through the cracks. When you go through a divorce, you are actually experiencing 3 divorces at once:
- The Financial Divorce
- The Legal Divorce
- The Emotional Divorce
Let us help you navigate through these rough times.
Why hire us?
- Financial analysis conducted early in the divorce process can save time and money.
- We help clients avoid long term financial pitfalls related to divorce agreements.
- We assist clients with developing detailed household budgets to help avoid post divorce financial struggles.
- We reduce apprehension and misunderstanding by educating the client about the divorce process.
List of Services
- Gather and compile all financial statements, paystubs, tax returns etc. from client
- Prepare Financial Affidavits
- Lifestyle Analysis to determine marital standard of living and projection of future needs
- Run various scenarios regarding spousal maintenance, child support and property settlements
- Preparation of marital and separate property financial statements
- Preparation of financial exhibits for court and mediation
- Valuation of retirement plans and determination of marital vs. separate property
- Valuation of stock options
- Financial Education for non-monied spouse to help demystify financial jargon
- Tracing of marital and separate property from prior marriages, gifts, inheritance and insurance proceeds
- Tracing, valuation and tax affecting stock options
- Review of prior and current tax returns and financial statements for hidden income and undervalued assets
- Determination of situations of voluntary underemployment
- Search for fraudulent transfers prior to separation and divorce
- Preparation of estimate of projected tax consequences in property settlements in accordance with Arizona Family Law Statute
- Tax affecting spousal support and dependent exception